The government has confirmed that payments of benefits normally due in accounts on Monday 19th September 2022 will be made early.
- Those expecting to receive benefits and credits on Monday 19th September 2022 will be paid early
- Benefits and credits will be paid on Friday 16th September 2022, the last working day before the recently announced bank holiday
The Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) and HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) have put arrangements in place to ensure all benefits and credits due to be paid on this date – now a bank holiday for Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II’s State Funeral – will be delivered in advance.
Those who are due to receive payments on Monday 19th September 2022 will instead be paid on Friday 16th September 2022, the last working day before the State Funeral.
This arrangement follows standard DWP and HMRC protocol that sees benefit and credit payment dates brought forward in line with national bank holidays.
The full list of payments affected are:
- Attendance Allowance
- Carer’s Allowance
- Disability Living Allowance
- Employment and Support Allowance
- Income Support
- Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit
- Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Pension Credit
- Personal Independence Payment
- State Pension
- Universal Credit
- Child Benefit/Guardian’s Allowance
- Working Tax Credits
- Child Tax Credits