The naming list
HMRC have published the list of employers who claimed CJRS in December 2020.
HMRC have used the employer name that’s attached to the qualifying PAYE scheme.
Those not named
This data does not include employers:
- with a successful or pending application to have their details withheld
- that paid back the whole grant before the list was produced
Future publication of names with more detail
From February HMRC will also publish:
- an indication of the value of the claim within a banded range
- the company number – for companies and Limited Liability Partnerships
The banded ranges:
- £1 to £10,000
- £10,001 to £25,000
- £25,001 to £50,000
- £50,001 to 100,000
- £100,001 to £250,000
- £250,001 to £500,000
- £500,001 to £1,000,000
- £1,000,001 to £2,500,000
- £2,500,001 to £5,000,000
- £5,000,001 to £10,000,000
- £10,000,001 to £25,000,000
- £25,000,001 to £50,000,000
- £50,000,001 to £100,000,000
- £100,000,001 and above
Employees encouraged to report fraud to HMRC
HMRC state that they will check claims, and payments may be withheld or need to be paid back if a claim is found to be fraudulent or based on incorrect information.
– if you have evidence to suggest an employer on the list is abusing the scheme.