Just some extra cash!

HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) are reminding individuals that obtaining additional income from various sources may need to be declared and subject to Income Tax. This is ‘casual income’ and you might need to pay tax on it.

This may include money someone earns from things like:

  • selling things, for example at car boot sales or auctions, or online
  • doing casual jobs such as gardening, food delivery or babysitting
  • charging other people for using equipment or tools
  • renting out property or part of your home, including for holidays (for example, through an agency or online)

You do not need to pay tax on personal possessions sold for less than £6,000.

Have you made £1,000 or more from selling goods or services?

PAYadvice.UK 11/11/2021

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s