The Disability Confident scheme supports employers to make the most of the talents disabled people can bring in the workplace.
Over 20,000 organisations have already signed up.
Disability Confident employers play a leading role in changing attitudes for the better. They’re changing behaviour and cultures in their own businesses, networks and communities, and reaping the benefits of inclusive recruitment practices.
The scheme helps employers recruit and retain great people, and:
- draw from the widest possible pool of talent
- secure high quality staff who are skilled, loyal and hard working
- improve employee morale and commitment by demonstrating that you treat all employees fairly
It also helps customers and other businesses identify those employers who are committed to equality in the workplace.
The scheme has 3 levels designed to support employers on their Disability Confident journey, these are:
- Disability Confident Committed (level 1)
- Disability Confident Employer (level 2)
- Disability Confident Leader (level 3)
All employers join the scheme at level 1(Disability Confident Committed), and progress through the levels as their confidence increases. The scheme is voluntary and access to the guidance, good practice and resources is completely free.
Want to know more and considering signing up?