The prime minister Boris Johnson has announced further measures to combat coronavirus:
– people will be allowed to leave home for ‘very limited purposes’: basic shopping necessities, once a day exercise, medical need, and absolutely necessary to work travel
– do not meet friends or family who you do not live with
– police given enforcement powers
– all non-essential shops to close
– places of worship, playgrounds, libraries, outdoor gyms to close
– gatherings of more than 2 outside banned
– weddings and baptisms banned – funerals allowed
– parks to remain open but gatherings banned
The next review point will be in three weeks. Relaxed ‘if the evidence shows we are able to’.
“Each and every one of us is now obliged to join together. To halt the spread of this disease. To protect our NHS and to save many many thousands of lives. And I know that as they have in the past so many times.
The people of this country will rise to that challenge. And we will come through it stronger than ever. We will beat the coronavirus and we will beat it together.