The online grant application opens on Monday 20th April.
Employers who have furloughed and making the CJRS grant application need to:
- Ensure that you have registered for employer PAYE online. Your e-file payroll processors may not be allowed access
- Prepare your data for the claim
Before you claim
Work out how much you can claim.
To claim, you need:
- employer PAYE scheme reference number
- number of employees being furloughed
- National Insurance Numbers for the furloughed employees
- Names of the furloughed employees
- Payroll/employee number for the furloughed employees (optional)
- your Self Assessment Unique Taxpayer Reference, Corporation Tax Unique Taxpayer Reference, Company Registration Number or Employer Name (as appropriate)
- the claim period (start and end date)
- amount claimed (per the minimum length of furloughing of 3 consecutive weeks)
- your bank account number and sort code
- your contact name
- your phone number
Calculate the amount you are claiming.
Retain all records and calculations in respect of your claims.
If fewer than 100 furloughed staff enter details of each employee directly into the system.
If you have 100 or more furloughed staff you will be asked to upload a file. The following types are allowed: .xls .xlsx .csv .ods
The file to include: name, National Insurance number, claim period and claim amount, payroll/employee number (optional).
If you use an agent who is authorised to act for you for PAYE purposes, they will be able to make a claim on your behalf. If you use a file only agent (who files your RTI return but doesn’t act for you on any other matters) they won’t be authorised to make a claim for you and you will need to make the claim yourself. Your file only agent can assist you in obtaining the information you need to claim (which is listed above). We are making the claim process as straightforward as possible.
If an agent makes a claim on your behalf you will need to tell them which bank account you would like the grant to be paid into.