Support Payment for those instructed to self-isolate

Those who have been told to self-isolate because of coronavirus (COVID-19) and cannot work from home may be able to get a financial support.


The payment is £500. The claimant must be employed or self-employed and needs to claim within 28 days of the first day of self-isolation.

They can only apply for the payment if instructed to self-isolate by the NHS Test and Trace or the NHS COVID-19 app and have a Test and Trace account ID.

If employed, there will be tax on the payment if over the personal allowance. The tax code will change to collect the tax. There is no National Insurance contributions on the payment. If self-employed the payment must be report through the Self Assessment tax return.

For more information:

Other devolved nations

PAYadvice.UK 17/2/2021

2 thoughts on “Support Payment for those instructed to self-isolate

Leave a Reply