HM Government have added further clarifications 30th April and two on 1st May.
New information has been added 30/4/2030
- Union and non-union representatives
- Company directors with annual pay periods
- Employees who start family related statutory pay on or after 25th April 2020
- Clarification on what is included as wages
And 2 updates on 1/5/2020
- A link to shared parental pay guidance and a new section for maternity allowance.
- Links to webinar help and support pages for businesses affected by coronavirus (COVID-19).
Union and non-union representatives
Whilst on furlough, you may still undertake union or non-union representatives duties and activities for the purpose of an individual or collective representation of employees or other workers. However in doing this, you must not provide services to or generate revenue for, or on behalf of your organisation or a linked or associated organisation.
Company directors with an annual pay period
Those paid annually are eligible… as long as they meet the relevant conditions. This includes being notified … on an RTI submission on or before 19 March 2020, which relates to … the 19/20 tax year.
The requirement for there to be payment of earnings in the 19/20 tax year applies for any employee being claimed for under the scheme, irrespective of how frequently they are paid…
This [is] relevant … if the last payment notified to RTI was before 5 April 2019 and no further … notified until after 19 March 2020.
Maternity, adoption, paternity, shared parental or parental bereavement
[Revised rules to] ..calculate your average weekly earnings [for those] ..on furlough and then started leave on or after 25 April 2020:
PAYadvice.UK 30/4/2020 updates 2/5/2020