December 2020 has been a very strange month. At short notice swathes of businesses were ordered to close as a new Tier 4 restriction regime was introduced on Saturday 19th December effective from Sunday 20th December. Additional announcements made on Wednesday 23rd December expand the Tier 4 areas with a further 50,000 businesses impacted by closure orders during the pandemic.
Business plans have had to change at short notice, additional furlough agreements will have had to have been considered, some at very short notice.
December furlough claim deadline
For days furloughed during December 2020, employers who intend to claim grant support under the extended Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme submit their claim by 14th January 2021 unless there is a reasonable excuse.
Employers need to identify:
- Which employees have been furloughed
- The applicable reference salary for furlough purposes
- The Usual Hours required for furlough purposes
- The hours actually worked during the months of December
- The delta furlough hours that grant claim is being made for.
It is essential that employer identify worked hours urgently and in time for the 14th January 2021 submission deadline, else face missing government support.