The TUC has issued a new toolkit designed to help union reps ensure that the health and safety of members who are pregnant is protected from the moment the rep becomes aware that a member is pregnant, to their return to work and beyond.
It is mainly targeted at health and safety reps but will also be useful for other reps who may be the first point of contact for a colleague who is experiencing problems at work because of their pregnancy.
It includes details on:
- Employers’ responsibilities for health and safety
- Protection for women in casual and insecure employment
- What to do when a member tells you they are pregnant
- Risk assessments, suitable alternative work and maternity suspensions
- Types of risks affecting pregnant women
- Supporting women with breastfeeding and returning to work
- Checklist for union reps – negotiating and updating your H&S policy
Click on the following image to access and download this useful resource: