You do not need a National Insurance number to work in the United Kingdom.
The government provide an online service which verifies and confirms details of:
- the types of job you’re allowed to do
- how long you can work in the UK for
You’ll need one of the following:
- your biometric residence permit number
- your biometric residence card number
- your passport or national identity card
If you’re an EU, EEA, or Swiss citizen, you can continue to use your passport or national identity card to prove you can work in the UK until 30 June 2021.
If you’re an employer, you must
before employing them.